Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Fur Sure Foxy.

I woke up this morning in tears.

Which is not normal for me. The crying, yes, but the time of day, no.

You see, I finally got word about the status of an interview I had and needless to say, it didn't work out. As an emotional person, I let loose a few tears whilst brushing my teeth (not the prettiest sight in the world), and proceeded to get ready for my morning.

Luckily, I had the brains and genius to pick out an outfit the night before and the outfit did not suit my current mood. Cheetah print top, Adidas sneaks, and one foxy fur coat were not part of an ensemble that let in room for sadness and disappointment.

Without even knowing it, I had successfully managed to force myself to turn around through the art and power of clothing. Fur sure.

A woman who wears foxy clothing doesn't have time to dwell on the past and get stuck in a rut. A woman who wears street sneaks doesn't have time to call it quits and wallow at home. This woman has an untapped power just waiting to be unleashed. This woman has run into a little bump in the road and the animal within is dying to be released into the wild, on another road less traveled.

As much as I want to feel discouraged, I have to remain positive in the sense that I simply have to find something that's available for me out there. I have to reach out to those who can help me, and I have to look at the future with the optimism I know is inside of me.

The world is mine for the taking and I am now faced with an exciting opportunity to pursue whatever it is I want. Wherever I want!

Like the foxy lady I know I am, I have to remain fearless in the pursuit of what sets my soul on fire. And at least I know what that is! All I have to do is focus on where to look...





What I wore: black Tom Ford sunglasses (consignment), assortment of vintage pearl necklaces (antique), vintage cream coat with green fox trim fur (antique store), black Classiques Entier cigarette pants (Mom's), and green Adidas sneakers with cheetah trim (consignment).


No comments:

Post a Comment