Monday, March 20, 2017

New Season, New Start.

I could've told you that spring slipped in weeks ago, as our non-stop sunny weather has been nothing short of spectacular.

The forecast continues to call for sunshine the rest of the month, any snowflake icon quickly diminished on the weather app.

But today, spring has officially sprung, a season I am most happy to embrace!

And with new seasons come new starts.

That is, for me.

It's no surprise that I've been home these last few months, in transition from graduating college to whatever step I'm planning to take next. Some of it has been great, other times, I find myself habitually repeating my days, often ending in tears and low self-esteem.

I know it's normal. My mom returned home after graduating, and my dad even took a year off, not even to figure life out, but to ski! But I'm nonetheless taken aback because I had always planned on something bigger, something better.

Sometimes, though, life throws you a curveball and lodges itself in your perfect plan. It subsequently leaves you back to square one and with no next moves.

But if there's one thing I've really taken from all of this, one particular phrase that sits at the forefront of my mind, it's move forward.

Simple tasks, like talking to people, doing research, or even just sending an email, all moves me forward, no matter how trivial they may seem. I'm in no particular rush and as long as I continue to persevere in the direction of what makes my heart sing, I'm on the right track.

Like the new season, it's time to melt away all those outer layers of perseveration and over-thinking, and discover and come to peace with who I am and what my next journey will be.

It's a new season, and hopefully a new start.

I couldn't help but channel green and floral into my outfit today. I dressed like a-lawn. Like e-lawn. Like Elan.

Also, check out these wicked icicles, melting away, hopefully like my uncertainty..





No comments:

Post a Comment