Sunday, March 12, 2017

Scrapbook Nook.

My dad often jokes that when I'm not napping, I'm crafting away in the "scrapbook nook."

Well, he's definitely not kidding.

It's the truth. I share a craft room with my mom, which is right across the hall from my bedroom. This is where we let our creative juices flow. She works on her windows and I work on scrapbooking.

I know. It's terribly old-fashioned!

Laying out pictures on appropriate background paper, accessorized with stickers, rick-rack ribbon, and notes on the particular day I'm working on, I feel like Jennifer Garner in her office in 13 Going On 30. Very much like a magazine editor...

Image result for 13 going on 30 office jennifer garner

Being in there a bunch this year, I was starting to take Dad's jests personally, believing that I actually was a recluse who spent her days scrapbooking with her cat, but as I was looking through old notes, I came across this one I had found in London once upon a time ago.

Packaged around pens, the quote read:

"You control your future, your destiny.
What you think about comes about.
By recording your dreams and goals on paper,
you set in motion the process of becoming
the person you most want to be.
Put your future in good
hands- your own."
-Mark Victor Hansen

Aside from scrapbooking, I've also taken to writing letters to my friends, continuously writing in my journal, and I've started work on my new project. And I've come to realize that by relentlessly partaking in such activities, I was subconsciously setting things in motion.

Like the quote, I believe in the power of positive thinking. I've always recorded my dreams on paper, always made it a point to talk about them a little bit everyday, instilling the belief that the more you think, write, or talk about what you want, the more on track you'll be for making those dreams a reality.

So the next time someone makes fun of me for spending my Saturday night scrapbooking, I'll promptly inform them that I'm not just preserving the past, but I'm also planning for my future.

Notice the plethora of coffee cups? Sign of a coffeeholic right there...




Jokes aside, I do enjoy the company of my cat, who often wanders in and makes herself right at home, either on my lap, or strolling across my pages, not a care in the world...



But I manage to finish nonetheless!





No comments:

Post a Comment