Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Got Them Mad Sounds.

It's been an Arctic Monkeys kind of day. 

I'm just really liking their new album AM and I find myself getting hooked on their past tunes as well. I'm particularly fond of Fluorescent Adolescent, When the Sun Goes Down, Mardy Bum, and Temptation Greets You Like Your Naughty Friend. Just to name a few! 

I always like hearing about what inspires certain people when it comes to dressing. I find that a lot of them are like "boho chic" meets "70's hippy" with a twist of "modern hipster." Now while I see nothing wrong with those particular styles of fashion, I find fault in calling oneself just one "type." I'm all about mixing things up, getting inspired to change up ones daily ensembles based on everyday inspirations. Did I watch an Audrey film and all of a sudden want to dress in black capris or classy dresses? Or perhaps I watched Glee and wanted to amp my sex appeal like Santana? Or maybe, like today, a certain band inspired me. 

Of course I believe in a firm foundation for ones style, but as far as sticking to one fashion, I'd rather change with the tide.

So today was all about indie rock, some old fashioned faded denim and a rockin' attitude.

"Mad sounds in your ears, they make you feel alright
They bring you back to life 
Mad sounds in your ears, they make you get up and dance 
Yeah they make you get up.." 












What I wore: denim KUT FROM THE KLOTH vest (my sisters), multi colored MINK PINK tank (used), high waisted acid wash purple DIANE GILMAN pants (used), and white KEDS (loved to death, those trainers).

No comments:

Post a Comment