Wednesday, December 7, 2016

White Christmas.

My morning began as all mornings should, with a cup of coffee.

White fluffy plumes of foam set against a colored Christmas tree really had me feeling the holiday spirit.

Adding in to the holiday spirit, I looked outside and was astounded to see snow falling from the sky. It was light, but nonetheless falling.

You might be curious as to why I would mention such a trivial happening, as it always snows in Alaska, right?

Wrong. The past few years have been heavily affected by global warming and snow has been hard to come by. As it was the first snowfall since arriving home, I felt it very pertinent to mention!

With the silent snowflakes lithely falling outside, I stayed tucked in the majority of the day and caught up on some scrapbooking, some reading, and spending time with Mom.

It's nice to have days of freedom in which to catch up on the little things I've missed so much. I haven't really had a time to settle down and just be, as I've been moving round and not staying still the past few years.

Which is all fine and dandy! It's just pleasant to have a little break.

If the snow keeps on falling, it just as well could be a white Christmas. Either way, it's good to be home.








What I wore: vintage floral choker, vintage black velvet cape (consignment), white Elizabeth & James dress with pleated sheer bottom, and Kelly green Boden boots (consignment).

No comments:

Post a Comment