Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Leaf Me Alone.

Oh the cold snap has come in all of its bitter glory.

We were coasting along there pretty well for the last few months and then the moment November arrived, a blanket of chilly wind biting temperatures came along with it.

And I wasn't prepared. I brought my fair share of Ted Baker and plenty of heels, but what I neglected to pack along were a few useful coats, gloves, hats, scarves, boots, you know, the essentials. But refusing to let temperatures get the best of me (I come from Alaska, after all), I went about my daily business.

As a result, I have gotten ill from the cold.

London has a strangely bone chilling cold, and when the wind blows, it pierces your ears and makes your nose run something fierce. So I have been cooped up and on my bed for the past few days, drinking as many liquids as I can and listening to sleep music.

But today, I could take it no longer. I had to get out. Clouds had thankfully come and offered some sort of protection and so mid-afternoon, Siobhan and I made our familiar trek through Hyde Park. We always find ourselves roaming back through this park's familiar road.

And the fall/winter is the best time to go because no one else is brave enough to face the cold! Plus, they're setting up for Winter Wonderland (scheduled to come out next weekend) and it looks like an absolute dream, even in its infant stages!

This is something I'll really miss about London, but it's also nice to know that Hyde Park will always be there when I come back to visit.

And, if you really want to know, we did treat ourselves to a little something something on the other side. IntresTED to know what? ;)






Also, I would like you to meet my funny bunny, Hyde. He's quite pleased to meet you.


It's even lovelier when the sun goes down!


No comments:

Post a Comment