Monday, November 7, 2016

One Month More.

In fact, as of this day, I have one more month here in London as a study abroad student.

Which is nuts.

We were seated in one of our classes, a field trip that took us to one of the tutor's studios, complete with eclectic bookshelves, Queen music, and a full placement of British nibbles and tea, and it was there that I had time to really sit in the present and think.

While there have been breaks during my stay here in London that have enabled me to simmer in the present and take in all that was happening, it has also been very go-go-go. It had been awhile since I last sat and really slowed down my thought processes and concentrated on the now.

I know it's been awhile since I caught up to you, but I've honestly been so invested in just enjoying things naturally and sometimes, that requires me to put away my laptop, my phone, my electronic devices, and just be present.

Living in another country has been such an exciting adventure for me and while I'm thrilled to be going home to the familiarity and the coziness of home around the holidays, I'm more interested in enjoying the little time I have left here.

Before I know it, I'll be leaving the land of tea and crumpets, waving goodbye to "mind the gaps" on the tube, and returning home to the land of the free, home of the brave.

One month, and I'll be leaving my familiar flat on Praed Street next to the corner Starbs, waving goodbye to my friends that I've made, which can be bittersweet to think about.

But what I have to focus on is not the end of an adventure, but the start of a new one. I'm in the process of figuring my future out, still not knowing where I'll be living next year or what I'll be doing. The question mark is both terrifying and intoxicating, and I'm more than grateful for this British chapter of my life.

Enough thinking about the future, enough thinking on the past, let's sit back and enjoy the here and the now, cause it's the time that matters most.

Just thought I'd share some photoshoot pics with you. I haven't done this much modeling since... forever! Feels good to be in front of the camera again...

Also, these are perfect examples of the different types of style London has to offer. Very off-the-wall streetwear.









No comments:

Post a Comment