Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Southbank @ Night.

Southbank holds a very special place in my heart.

Not only did my dad and I spend some time here together, but I had one successful date (even if it was just for the night) and an even more successful lecture here.

There's something peaceful about the place. Whether you walk from Embankment across Waterloo Bridge to get there, or you simply walk down from Waterloo station, it's always so satisfying to arrive at the water's edge, looking out at Big Ben, Parliament, then the colorful eye in the distance.

It's especially delightful at night, even more so when there's a holiday fair going on!

You see this magical place in movies so much, the walkways along the Thames, so maybe my interpretation is that I'm starring in my very own film. The girl with stories at Southbank!

It's also home to the delicious hot chocolate place that was even approved by the esteemed Gordon Ramsey! You should also check out their espresso martinis though, definitely keepers.

Anyhow, I will miss you Southbank. You and all your memories and delicious treats and lovely sights.

Cheers to one last night at Southbank!


I couldn't resist this little poster as I treat to myself. Isn't it darling?





This here spot happens to be the on-site location for my date night kiss with said fellah...


So Siobhan and I puckered up xx


No comments:

Post a Comment