Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Gift of the Present.

Today was my last day of my first quarter here in San Francisco. 

As a review, I would like to point out that it was rather different than I first imagined life in the city would be like. I'm just starting to get adjusted, and I think I'm becoming fairly comfortable on school grounds. I've made some really great friends (like the lovely Brooks Roach, who kindly took these photos for me), and my classes have been incredibly inspiring. 

Life right now is happening just as it should be. And as much as I'm dying to get home for Christmas (T-minus one week now), I'm really just trying to enjoy the present, because there's a lot of exciting stuff happening to me right now, even though I may not realize it. 

Every day when I attend FIDM, I'm one inch closer to fulfilling my dream. I'm on the path right now and it's kinda crazy once I stop and think about it. 

You have to live in the here and now, because the here and now is a special gift. That's why we call it the present. 

And Lao Tzu once said: "If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present." 

It makes no sense to live in a moment other than the one you're living, and I think that a lot of my sadness these past couple of weeks have been due to dwelling too much on the past and what once was. But really, when I looked on the bright side, I was able to find all of the beautiful things in my life and look forward to what was to come... 







What I wore: vintage rhinestone and pearl choker (consignment) ,off-the shoulder white Honey Punch crop top (consignment), high-waisted black and red polka dotted vintage skirt (used), and tan Miz Mooz t-strap pumps (consignment). 


No comments:

Post a Comment