Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Home is Where My Heart Is.

Believably, I'm sitting back in my closet of a room in San Francisco.

I knew the day would come, I just didn't know that it would come this quickly!

When I talked to you last, I was very open about my struggle in San Francisco. As we all know, it's a new year, and I plan to make my time in San Francisco a new experience for me, none of this lonely and sad stuff. Course, I'm the most prone woman to cry so I'm not guaranteeing lack of tears, but I'm for sure going into 2016 with a more positive attitude.

Going home was good for me. I was reunited with my family, of whom I love so much, and I was really able to recoup and refocus myself. I've learned that sometimes, your journey will take you off your path; however, it's all part of the same trip. There's no doubt that I'm out of my comfort zone here, but it's the beauty of living. It's about experiencing new things and discovering who you are and what you like (and don't like). In the end though, it's all for the benefit of your journey.

And the most beautiful thing about home is that you can always come back to it. I'll always be able to visit the familiar and wonderful place that is Alaska. Home will always have its door open for me, and my family will always be there to greet me with open arms and fresh Moscow Mules!

Whilst being home, we also experienced the family videos from our childhood, and seeing myself as a three year old dressed in Mom's negligee and big girl pumps just assured me that being in San Francisco, however trying it is at times, is all helping me in following my passion and pursing my dream. The experience of going home and being able to refresh myself has really helped instill a positive outlook for this coming year (and the rest to follow).

I hope you all had a lovely New Year. It's only just begun!


Home sweet home.


A little reminiscing down by the river..


I'll for sure miss the untouched beauty of Alaska and its wildlife!


Off she goes..



As I made it from the airport to my home, I couldn't help but see my surroundings in a whole new and exciting light.. My remaining time here is going to be amazing, I just know it.



No comments:

Post a Comment