Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Booking It.

Ok, February must be the month for me.

It's just the third day of the month and yet I have started the month strong and glowing.

No seriously, people have commented that I've been "glowing."

Anyhow, today was an exceptionally fine and ordinary day. My walk to and from school involved naturally contagious smiles and giggles at how happy and full of life I was. I was literally that girl that's smiling for no reason and is simply happy to be alive.

I'm also so into the now. I can't explain it, but I've been so present and comfortable with myself, completely absorbed in what's currently happening and incredibly sure of myself. I can't figure it out, but whatever it is, I need to keep this up everyday!

Speaking of the now, we were in class today (Contemporary Business Strategies) and we had a project on sustainability. I researched and studied Levi's and after hearing all of the presentations and talking about it, I found that I'm a contributor to the whole "saving the planet" reality, without even realizing it! Looking down at my silk Heremes top (given to me by my mom who got it from a consignment store), I realized that buying second hand clothing is recycling, reusing, and it's repurposing something that would otherwise live out its days in a landfill (although Lord never this Hermes top).

There's a really big movement towards companies practicing eco-sustainability. And it's not just an edge that gets you ahead in the market, I think it's becoming a concept that all companies follow. If we don't take care of our planet, if we don't recycle, cut down on water/energy usage, our planet will no longer be what it is.

It's cool to know that I'm practicing these concepts. Who knew that saving the planet and looking stylish could go hand in hand?

On the ironic hand, I was in the library today for my OOTD photoshoot and this fellow student comes up and mistakenly takes me as being the librarian. Giggling, I told him where to set the stack and then told him to book it.

Get it? Book it.







Also found my autobiography. Or Elon Musk's. Same thing.


Just check out this Hermes book!



What I wore: gold fortune cookie earrings (consignment), 100% silk Hermes top (my mom's), black Worthington high-waisted skirt (consignment), and black Miss Bisou pumps (consignment).


No comments:

Post a Comment