Monday, February 29, 2016

Looking on the (Literal) Bright Side..

When I woke up this morning, I was not expecting to see what I saw.

I'm the type of girl who definitely reads ahead on the weather forecast in order to better determine her outfit choice because hello there are a zillion factors that go into an outfit choice and weather plays a major factor!

Anyhow, it read that today would be in the seventies, but when I looked outside this morning, thick fog consumed all.

Really?

Well, one thing you should know about San Francisco weather is that it can turn on you in the blink of an eye. It goes to show how the start of the morning isn't the determinant in your entire day. Sure, mood is a huge factor, but as the hours slipped by, the sun crept out and it turned out to be a beautifully spectacular day.

We've been having some major warm spells here the last couple of weeks and while I can't complain, I can't help but think of the factor causing it, and that would unfortunately have to be climate change.

Now I didn't watch the Oscars, but we talked about them in our Brand Management Strategies class and apparently Leonardo DiCaprio made a speech about climate change, and the thing that we really need to stress to the world isn't how to fix it, but simply to get people to realize that it's actually happening.

I think that for awhile, it's been pushed to the back because "it can't actually be happening", but it totally is. And this freak weather here in the city is by no accident. It's all part of this global phenomenon and the realization of our earth being threatened by something not foreign, but something so real as you and me, has got to come to light.

So how do we educate? How do we take measures to protect this earth? I mean, I'm no expert, but it's all about the little things, and the little changes we make. We don't have to dontate five zillion dollars to some organization (also not trusting as to where that money actually goes), all we have to do is educate others and take mini measures ourselves and hopefully, that will spread to others.

I know that my first cue is to buy a Tesla. Anyone with me?

Looking on the bright side, isn't this day stunning?


On my Ted Baker/vintage bow game...



Ted to toe!






Oh but darling, just look at that sun!


What I wore: black Tom Ford sunglasses (consignment), pink Ted Baker cape (I love my job!), blue vintage 1960's dress (vintage shop), blue Ted Baker bow bag (I love my job!), and navy Vince Camuto loafers (consignment).


No comments:

Post a Comment