Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Ooh- la- la Oscar.

So there's something big going on here in San Francisco.

Andre Leon Talley, fashion genius and front-row guest at fashion shows everywhere, has curated one of the finest museum retrospectives on the one and only: Oscar de la Renta.

And it happens to be featured at the De Young Museum here in SF.

Seeing as how Oscar is one of my favorite designers, I thought it only prudent to attend in his honor and marvel (and internally drool) at all of the exquisitely feminine and truly remarkable designs. It's spectacularly laid out, complete with looks from every inspiration in the world ( from Russia, to Europe, to New York), as well as complete audio and visual descriptions along the way.

If you live in the city, I highly recommend you attend. If you don't live in the city, I still highly recommend you attend. It goes on until May 30th..



It was the absolute craziest thing. When I met my friend Angelina there, we were stopped by interns working at the De Young museum who were doing a survey on stylish patrons. As a thank you for participating, Angelina and I were given two VIP tickets (paid for and purchased by them), and we got to skip the entire line and hop right on in. Apparently it pays sometimes to dress up..


I apologize in advance for the plethora of photographs, but I simply couldn't resist!


"I believe that my sole purpose as a designer is to create something that I think a woman would want to wear."
-Oscar de la Renta















Spanish influence..











Russian influence. Check out all of those sable fur trims!














This beautiful blue gown was worn by Kirsten Dunst in Marie Antoinette...





"You can't sit with us."






Get this: this stormy dress is made out of 100 yards of tulle. Imagine!










The detailing.. pristine.


What beauties. Oh, and the dress too.






This red carpet area was designated to the stars in Oscar. We had gowns here worn by Sarah Jessica Parker, Jessica Chastain, Taylor Swift...



What a legend.




No comments:

Post a Comment