Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Too Hot To Trot.

I don't know how we do it, but every week, Angelina and I manage to match.

We got stopped multiple times and were asked if it was intentional, but of course we just blushed the colors of our dresses and laughed no. Great minds think alike, that's all.

Anyhow, how do you do? I know it's been awhile. I am proud to announce the finality of midterms, which were just last week and quite consuming. Ah, but then there was a client event at Ted where I met the most handsome gentleman, then the hustle and bustle of balancing school and work.

BUT. Temperatures itched into the eighties today and it was contagious not to feel just a little bit pumped that summer is just around the corner. And with summer comes summer colors, and the realization that holy cow I'm nearly done with college.

I was standing in the café today in our student lounge, waiting for my gooey goodness bar, and it just struck me that I'm almost done. Like, wasn't it just yesterday that I was walking to school with my Ted Baker roller bag, riding the elevator to my first class?

With graduation just beyond the horizon, we've been constantly bombarded with interview opportunities, career center meetings, and the ever present realization that in just a few short weeks, we will be graduated and sent off into the world. Looking around at my peers who still have no idea what they're going to do post-graduation, I can't help but feel a little grateful that I have the opportunity to go to London in August, as I haven't really thought beyond that future. Of course I have my magazine passion, as that drives me everyday to do what I do, but it still scares me just a wee bit that after this year, I'll be done with school. Twenty years later, and I'll be released into the world.

Oh, but I'm ready.

Are our colors not on fleek?











What I wore: black Tom Ford sunglasses (consignment), handmade bright-colored necklace, 1960's orange top with fringe (Relic Vintage), high-waisted hot pink Gianfranco Ferre skirt (Torso Vintage), and tan Mia gladiator sandals (Nordstrom Rack).


No comments:

Post a Comment