Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Song for Sunday- Kiss Me.

It is high time I did my favorite Ed Sheeran song.

Well, to be fair, I can't ever really pick a favorite Ed Sheeran song, but I can pick one that particularly hits home with me.

Kiss Me is that song. Every time I put it on, I melt. It's one of those songs that I wish to someday play at my wedding, preferably sung by Ed himself! Wouldn't we all?

Anyhow, this song. That brief 1,2,3,4 just gets me hooked every time, and I literally have to stop and melt into this song. It's pure, it's deep, it's altogether scrumptious. I feel when I listen to it, like it makes my heart thump and it makes me long for a love of my own. It makes me want to be kissed, real bad, and I figured that with Valentine's Day coming up (*hint hint* although I'll probably be sittin' solo with my enormous stash of truffles), it's the perfect song to share.

There's also something incredible about Ed's songwriting, there always has. He has a way of writing about love and of feeling and emotion, that it's like I'm actually in that world he's singing of (minus having the boyfriend part). It's just me and him, and we're in tune to only each other. The slowness of it all just adds to the vibe of love.

The perfect love song, in my book.

I could literally quote this whole song, because there isn't a favorite, or best part. All of it = pure genius.


"And your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed to my neck
I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet
And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now

Kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
You wanna be loved 
This feels like falling in love
Falling in love
We're falling in love...

Settle down with me
And I'll be your safety 
You'll be my lady
I was made to keep your body warm
But I'm cold as the wind blows so hold me in your arms..."

Oh man, and when he gets to the part after
" Yeah I've been feeling everything
From hate to love
From love to lust
From lust to truth
I guess I know that's how I know you
So I hold you close to help you give it up..."

It get's even more climatic and powerfully emotional. Gah, this song just does wonders on my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment