Tuesday, February 17, 2015

British Invasion.

Seems appropriate that the day I return from one of the highlights of my year (the Preston college visit and epic week of football games and making new friends from across the pond, all things you'll hear about come this Thursday), that I would also be presenting my macro trend in my concepts in trend forecasting class. A macro trend that goes along the lines of the "British Invasion."

Whit, Jojo, and myself all chose this trend because 'ello it's a current happening. We had to present four different buckets, so Fashion/Style, Food/Beverage, Travel, and Media/Entertainment, and it wasn't difficult at all to find prime examples and plenty of evidence.

Whether it be Ed Sheeran, One Direction, Hozier, George Ezra, Kate Middleton, David Beckham, Shepard's Pie, Benedict Cumberbatch, or Kate Winslet, the Brits are definitely coming and they show no signs of stopping!

So naturally, we all had to dress up in our English finest, complete with accessories and all!

We were passionate, that is hands down a fact. And it was so easy to talk about the Brits because I just had one of the most epic weeks with them.

What a fine return home, if I do say so myself.

Whitney's English outfit..




Jordan's English outfit..



And then there's myself..



Harry simply loved my phone booth necklace.. just check out that grin!





What I wore: red ribbon headband (homemade), British heart earrings, red phone booth necklace,  One Direction tee (used), navy and red GAP skirt (used), and Hunter socks and wellies (used). 

No comments:

Post a Comment