Friday, June 26, 2015

Aloha.

Aloha. A Hawaiian meaning for both hello and goodbye. 

Kind of fitting considering this month.

I've finally left the Californian life and have returned to the land of my people up in Alaska. So, hello Alaska, goodbye California. 

Now before you attack me with exclamations of where the monkey have you been? let me just explain. Firstly, the whole moving process out of my apartment into storage took up quite some time. The arrival of my sister and mum also took up time my last week and school, and since coming to Alaska, I am fully reminded of the limited (ok, zero) internet connection at my house, most especially in my room. 

And I know it's no excuse for not posting, but trust me, I've not enjoyed doing this!

But I'm back. And to recap what all has happened, I'll catch up with some bits and leave it on the present. 

Here, Whit and I strike a pose to celebrate our last Monday class..


It had been awhile since I had seen my sister, but I never anticipated for her to grow that much! Or is it the shoes?


Dinner with the girls at our favourite Italian spot in the Circle..


And as homage to my blog, I'm wearing cashmere and enjoying a con panna!


Did I also mention we visited Disneyland?


This picture is life. I look absolutely terrifying (as well as extremely tan), my mom is behind me (presumably choking on my hair), and Shebs is as white as a ghost, but evidently having fun. 


Lunch in the Blue Bayou. I had only been waiting ages to dine here!



Can I just tell you about my experience with the Avengers? So you know Disney bought Marvel, yes? Well, they now have those characters roaming round Disneyland and I about just melted into a puddle of estrogen when it was my turn to meet this handsome cap. "We need more female Avengers like you." And the height. And his side smirk. How could I girl not get weak kneed?



Ah yes. The trio poses with some of our two favourite teachers- Mr. Foat and Barbara. 


The end of Foat's speech class could not have been more emotional. This is a list of all those present in his destiny class. What an honor to be a part. 


And since coming home, I have been most preoccupied with my one, my only, Fudge. 



So many cat pictures, but how could I not?


And work! I'm back at Kaladi Brothers Coffee and I could not be more excited. It feels incredible to be home, and working! But really, is it work?


Second day back and I'm already double pouring it on the lattes...



Oh. And should I also mention the warm welcome I got from my home state. When I say warm, I reference the multiple forest fires currently blazing, for weather here has been most unusual and warm. 


So grateful to be home at last. 


See? I'm even donning the proper Hawaiian attire!








Fudge couldn't stand the sight of leaving me outdoors alone. She missed me already!


What I wore: vintage hot pink sea horse tank (used), neon yellow/green ASOS midi skirt (used), and lime green pointy toed pumps (used). 

No comments:

Post a Comment