Sunday, June 28, 2015

Single, yet Strong.

I have really been into female empowerment as of late. I think it all began with work the other day. My friend Caroline and I were bonding over our love for Meghan Trainor and we got on the subject of female bosses. 

Trainor is a boss. All of her music has to do with confidence and strength and knowing what you want. And I know there's a movement towards independent, powerful women who aren't afraid to be single, but I still think there's a shortage of women in the world who aren't afraid to be single, who aren't afraid to be comfortable and strong in their skin. And Trainor oozes strong sexiness and belief in who she is as a woman. 

And as we were talking, Caroline showed me this quote one of her friends had given her and I just have to share it with you because Isi think it's so relevant and powerful. 

"Dear woman,
Sometimes, you'll just be too much woman. 
Too smart. Too beautiful. Too strong. Too much of something. 
That makes a man feel like less of a man. 
Which will start making you feel like less of a woman. 
The biggest mistake you can make is removing jewels from your crown to make it easier for a man to carry. 
When this happens, I need you to understand:
You do not need a smaller crown- 
You need a man with bigger hands." 

Gosh that is so true. Working at Kaladis for only a couple days, I have noticed a pattern with young people here. They marry early. They graduate high school and they settle down. But they settle because they don't know what's out there. They don't know that they were made for extraordinary things and that this time is for exploration and having fun and experimenting and making mistakes and learning from them. 

Now not everyone who marries young here is like that. And I'm not promoting singleness cause I'm a true sappy romantic at heart and I yearn for the day in which I date the right guy. I'm just encouraging confidence in whoever you are- single or taken. You do not need a man for the sake of needing a man. Wait. Be patient. Discover your strengths and purpose. Know what you want in life and never settle for less than what you deserve. 











What I wore: birdy earrings, mint peasant top (Used), CAbi skinny jeans, and brown MIZ MOOZ boots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment