Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The Final Countdown.

My friend Angelina and I were talking about the popular '80's song The Final Countdown and I suddenly realized the day.

The first of June.

Which means one thing, and one thing only: I am graduating college this month.

Whaaaaaaat. Again, as the days go by, the realization sinks further more and I'm suddenly conscious and aware that my time at FIDM is nearing a close.

With that in mind, I'm going to catch you up on some of the little things I love about the particularly cozy San Fran campus.

One: there's a café on the seventh floor. That's right, I'm talking on-campus snacks accompanied by the most friendly staff. I always splurge for a gooey goodness bar and a latte on my long days, and often have lunch there as well.

Two: the teachers. Because it's a smaller campus, the teacher to student ratio is phenomenal. Teachers know you by name, talk to you about weekend plans, and always return a smile. And the classroom setting is amazing for engagement. I've been in a classroom with just one other person and let me tell you, the attention was great!

Three: the elevators. Yeah, I'm known for being the fit girl who prefers the stairs, but there's something so official about taking the elevator to your next class. Plus, when you're wearing six inchers and lugging around a hefty amount of luggage, an elevator looks awfully enticing.

Four: the location. Talk about centrality in the city. Aside from being located just off Union Square, I get to walk past all of these designer shops on my way to school, which is pretty nice when your major is fashion. Plus, the views from the seventh floor balcony are pretty wicked, especially on clear days like today.

Five: the experience. I'm proud to say that I enjoy going to school. Every day, I wake up with the anticipation of learning something new that will inspire me even more in my future career. I don't consider it to be work, and I enjoy meeting my friends for study sessions and studying stuff that makes my heart soar. And when you've got staff that's so encouraging and knowledgeable, it really makes for quite an experience. Yeah the 8:30am classes can be a bit tough, but it's nothing without a proper cup of coffee.

Anyhow, here's to FIDM as we go into the final countdown...

I'm literally like a cat, finding the one spot of sun.





Checking out my building there in the background..





What I wore: black Tom Ford sunglasses (consignment), miscellaneous jeweled necklaces (consignment), aqua off-the-shoulder peasant top (gift), floral jeweled Ted Baker skirt (I love my job!), and gray Nordstrom flats (sale).

No comments:

Post a Comment