Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Song for Sunday Pt. 3- Bohemian Rhapsody.

Ok, this was a most difficult decision to make. Which Queen song to share as one of my favorites because there are truly so many. Fat Bottomed Girls and Somebody to Love came closely, but honest to goodness there are so many classics.

I chose Queen today because I actually attended the We Will Rock You show in London and was blown away. I've always had a soft spot for Queen- their timeless and classic sound will forever be present in the history of music and I am simply drawn to the harmonies and musicals that go to each of their songs. Plus, they are just so unique. 

Bohemian Rhapsody was and will always be an instant classic, and when we saw this show, there were always clips of the masterpiece but they didn't actually sing it until the very very end. There are so many elements to this particular song. It goes from one planet to the next with operatic harmonies, then some classic rock, then up and down and turn it around! Ah just mint right there. 

It is also in my singing range, or so I would like to think, and I love to belt it at the top of my lungs whenever I hear those first dimensional voices singing "Is this just real life, or is this just fantasy?" 

There you have it! London inspired me in many ways, music most certainly being one of them. I just love old music too and I think we should remember it as history, for Queen was certainly ahead of their time with their unparalleled style back in the '70's.

I'm just a poor boy 
Nobody loves me

He's just a poor boy
From a poor family 
Spare him his life from this monstrosity..

And also, it gets completely random sometimes and I am an advocate of all things random and weird. As Sutter Keely says in Spectacular Now, embrace the weird!


No comments:

Post a Comment