Thursday, April 24, 2014

Throwback Thursday- Coffee in Chelsea.

Ah so much to share and so little time! Well, I actually have loads of time, but I don't want to bore you with a play by play of my trip so I'll just share some of my favorite bits.

But first, there was coffee.

That's basically what I'm going to share with you today because I find it to be of utmost importance. I live and I breathe coffee and so therefore, it will be shared as my first post from London. I could also title this "Lattes in London" or "Drinking our way Through London", but for now, I'll stick with Chelsea.

So my friend Caroline and I were just coming off an intense 24 hours of traveling across seas and many lands and after dropping our bags off quick, we simply went on out. Who has time for napping when there's city to be seen and indulgences to be met?

Like I said, coffee first. We found this little cafe on the corner of the road in Chelsea, ordered a couple of these new found "flat whites" (an apparent European drink), then sat out on the sidewalk.

The first sip was magic. That's all I can really say. Our bodies were tired, our hair matted, our eyes barely staying open, but I remember that sip like it was a fire lit beneath my buns! It was incredible. The appearance with the lovely leaf and the dark crema.. it was the best and first coffee of my time in London.

That is not to say that London didn't have good coffee, because they most definitely did! In fact, I was quite surprised by the appreciation that Brits had for java and the careful preparation that went behind it.

You could say that I was welcomed to London with open arms and delicious cups of coffee.






No comments:

Post a Comment