Thursday, June 20, 2013

Throwback Thursday- This City Never Sleeps.


So this is a shout out to one of my most adored artists. My best friend introduced me to him way back in August, and since then, I have been what I call an "understated fan. " I'm not a follower to his every move and I don't have pictures and scream over every little detail concerning his life because let's be honest here, I find that slightly creepy for me. I much prefer holding it in and admiring why he's actually where he is today. His name? Ed Sheeran. And this is  not even scratching the surface of the major British adoration that has consumed me. We will talk about that later, so back to Ed. His music to me, is poetry with instrumentals. How cliche does that sound, right? But I'm being honest here. He's a legit talented singer/ songwriter who performed hundred of gigs a year to get where he is. He loves what he does and it shows. I admire his humble personality and for staying strong in a world of fakes and image. It make him REAL, and that's what I love about him. His music is also the soundtrack to some of the best memories in my life and continues to be there when new ones are made. So I guess this particular throwback is to the night where me and my best friend actually got to see him live in concert. The title of this post is a lyric to one of his songs, in case you were a tad confused.. Just putting that out there before I forgot. So because I'm a romantic and I cherish the day in which some guy loves me as much as I love them, i'll close with some of my favorite lyrics. "I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet. And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now."

No comments:

Post a Comment