Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Song for Sunday- Death And All His Friends.

Nothing like pulling out some old-fashioned Coldplay every now and then. And you know, it seems that I always find a song of theirs that I haven't yet heard before. Today was one of those days.

I actually found this song on a Halloween Spotify playlist and it was instantly starred.

Coldplay just has that melodic eeriness down to a tee. The album that Death And All His Friends is on, or referred to, is Viva la Vida. That whole album is just a mix of awesomness. It's like all of the songs have a different sound to it, and this one especially stuck out to me.

The message of the song is powerful. It's about never giving in to all of the bad things in life- you know, death and all of his friends. To not focus too much on the negative, but instead, the positive. I find that to be quite inspirational.

The song itself begins with a slow piano and Chris Martin's voice.. then picks up with some guitar.. and some choir-like harmonies.. then escalades into some solid Coldplay beats that we are all so familiar with. But I think my favourite part of the song is when they're all singing together, beating those obstacles in life- pain, suffering, death, and all of his friends. Quite a movement.

".. No I don't wanna battle from beginning to end;
I don't wanna cycle, recycle revenge;
I don't wanna follow death and all his friends.."

And then, after a brief intermission, we're taken into the hidden part of the track called The Escapist. 

".. And in the end
We lie awake
And we dream
Of making our escape

And in the end
We lie awake 
And we dream
Of making our escape

Ooh.."


No comments:

Post a Comment