Thursday, July 23, 2015

And a Cherry on Top..

Hiya, how are you?

Now I know it's been a couple of days, but sometimes it takes me awhile to find something meaningful to say in a post. 

Of course I go the unconventional route when it comes to blogging, for I always want there to be something deeper than just your average artificial outfit pics. And ironically, I'll post them farther below so if outfit pics are your cup of tea, then by all means, go for it! I know my chatting can be quite... verbose. 

And again, I'm obviously not dissing bloggers who do that, for I love perusing their blogs just for that type of content! I'm just saying that it's not my style. 

So what have I come up with for you today? Well, it is summer. And with summer comes the break of school, but the inevitable decision for school. Now whilst I still haven't decided where to pursue my second year at FIDM (San Francisco, or Los Angeles... thoughts?), I've also realized that being away has made me come to appreciate home. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, and all that jazz. But really! I'm an Alaska girl at heart and I am loving every moment here. 

Being home has also made me come to appreciate all that I've taken for granted being away. For instance, meals cooked not by me, laundry done by Mum, my cat, free coffee, postcard perfect scenery everywhere you look, clean fresh air, wildlife, and recognizing people whenever I hit up the grocery store. 

I'm telling you, it's the little things. 

Along with this, I'm also here to tell you to live in the present. If you live too much in the past or too much in the future, you're not able to fully enjoy the present, and the present should be lived up to its fullest potential. 

I hope you're all having a lovely summer! Would love to hear what all has been going on. 

Cheers, 
xxElan

Here's another cool Alaskan spot that I've taken for granted- Veroncia's. Located on the bluff in Old Towne Kenai, this cozy place is home to many fond memories, as well as delicious cups of coffee. 

 




And for all you outfit enthusiasts out there..











What I wore: black TOM FORD sunnies (used), red rhinestone flower earrings (used), floral cherry SINGLE crop top (used), blue HALOGEN pencil skirt (used), and black COACH tennis shoes (used). 

One last benefit of being home? Drinks. Dad made this concoction up.. gin, ginger ale, and some fresh basil from the garden..


2 comments:

  1. No but really...I love and miss you lots! I'm happy your having a fun time at home. <3

    ReplyDelete