Saturday, July 16, 2016

Pleats and Peace.

Every morning I wake up, and every morning, I wonder what other travesty has be struck our world. What terrorist attack, what plane crash, what horror has shaken a nation.

It's numbing. And it's becoming daily. How much more do we have to withstand as a world? How many more innocent lives must die?

I don't know if it's because I'm older and I'm finally starting to pay attention to these devastating horrors, or if it's actually starting to become the norm of the future. If so, it's not looking so good.

On the one hand, I'm curious and linked to my phone, wanting updates and information. But as more and more of these tragedies occur, the more I realize that the media is nit-picking information given to us. "Reports indicate this. Other reports indicate this. And eyewitness reports are telling us this." I can't trust anything the media reports anymore because every day, it changes, and every news station is reporting different things. It's depressing and as much as my heart breaks for all of these attacks, I have to remain optimistic.

Positive thoughts lead to positive results. I head to Europe next month and while part of me is a little bit nervous considering all that's been happening, the other part of me cannot be held back. Life is to be lived and the only thing I can to do is be cognizant of my surroundings and aware of big crowds.

But we have to remain positive in situations such as these, being mindful of what's happening and respectful to those who have been traumatized or affected by these tragedies. And through all of this, we have to keep an optimistic outlook and stand together. Be empathetic to those who have been negatively affected, and pray for peace and a brighter future.

It's through these trying times that we must remain strong.







What I wore: green vintage stranded necklace (Mom's), orange vintage crop top (Relic Vintage), pleated rainbow HD skirt (consignment), and orange Marco Santi pumps (Nordstrom Rack). 

No comments:

Post a Comment