Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Those Sunshine Days.

I don't think there's any other place that I would rather spend my summer in than Alaska. There's something nostalgic and refreshing about being able to come home every summer and fall back into the comfortable swing of things.

It's a special time for me to get myself together again and revel in the beauty of my home. The fish come out to play, the whales wave hello, the sun shines beautifully over the majestic mountains and rivers, and I'm able to spend time with my family and catch up to all that is familiar, and see what newness has come to town.

Take today for example! My friend Caroline and I decided to hit up a spot in Cooper Landing ( a small town nestled along the banks of the Kenai River about forty-five minutes outside of Soldotna) where there was promise of brunch. Both Caroline and I worked at one and we saw opportunity and took it. 

Well just check out this view. And I think I may have honestly tanned a little from my brief spot in the sun. With my cooked eggs came a side of cooked Elan! Eggcellent.




And you can't really beat 75 degree days.






What I wore: silk floral scarf, pink Aerie sunglasses, vintage pale pink necklace with rhinestone centers, pink cropped top (consignment), white lace bandeau, brown high-waisted vintage skirt (consignment), and pink Chinese Laundry sandals.


No comments:

Post a Comment