Sunday, October 12, 2014

A Song for Sunday- I'm Not the Only One.

Another Sam Smith song, and in just the course of a couple of weeks.

I had to though. After listening to his incredible new album In the Lonely Hour, I've stumbled across a new favourite, next to Stay With Me and practically the rest of the album.

I'm Not the Only One has also caught the attention of the rest of the world too, apparently. Nice to know that I share the same taste with others!

Anyhow, this song kicks arse. It starts with that steady beat and that melodic piano. And then Sam comes on with his smooth and silky deep voice and just gets you hooked. The song is about cheating, and yes, I did just watch the music video (which features Dianna Agron), which is excellent as well.

There's just something catchy about it. Makes me want to be mad at a cheater, if that makes any sense at all! Like, there's tragedy and heartbreak in the song, but there's also a power to it.

And his voice, his head voice, which is like an operatic angel, is simply perfection.

"... You say I'm crazy
'Cause you don't think I know what you've done
But when you call me baby
I know I'm not the only one..

You've been so unavailable
Now sadly I know why
Your heart is unobtainable
Even though Lord knows you kept mine.."


No comments:

Post a Comment