Sunday, October 19, 2014

Santa Monica & The Pink Party.

It was another excellent opportunity that graced the halls of FIDM. An opportunity to volunteer once more at a fashion show; however, this was no ordinary fashion show. Hosted by the lovely Jennifer Garner (!!) and Rachel Zoe, this particular fashion show was in conjunction with a fundraiser for the Cedars-Sinai Women's Cancer Program.

But we'll get to that later! For now, let's take a stroll through downtown Santa Moncia, take in the sights, the food, the street entertainment, the shopping...


Below, we stopped for a little roadside entertainment done by some very talented street dancers. They even chose my roommate Carolina as a volunteer! It was great. 









Below, we begin our stroll down to the boardwalk and onto the Santa Monica Pier, where we witnessed not one, but two weddings! What a beauty.








Oh how I've missed the water so.








What I wore: embellished black BCBG top with feathered trim (Nordstrom Rack), polka dotted khaki SUGARHILL shorts w/ scalloped trim (used), and black witchy DOLCE VITA oxfords (used).











I think volunteering backstage at fashion shows is one of the funnest things. It's the behind-the-scenes aspect of it all. I guess being a theatre person has a lot to do with it. Anyhow, below are some snaps from backstage at the Pink Party 2014 event, and although I don't have any photos of Jennifer Garner (forever Sydney Bristow to me) or Rachel Zoe, take my word for it that I saw them! They walked right by and Jennifer was the sweetest saying You all look so beautiful! It was a magical ending to a fabulous day.
















No comments:

Post a Comment