Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pops of Color, Anytime.

Yes, it's fall season. We've known this for some time now, yes? Bring out the pumpkins, don the sweaters, sip your pumpkin spice lattes, and bundle up for the chill in the air.

Yeah, not happening here. Although it's late October, the weather here in Southern California continues to shine on down in the upper seventies and I just cannot fathom sweaters and autumn colors, no matter what the fashion season entices.

It's deceiving me into thinking that summer still thrives. Heck, if I didn't have a calendar in front of me or displays at every corner advertising fall trends, I would be stuck into thinking it was still summer! 

Weather, you little trickster you. 

Anyhow, I've never been one to follow the trends anyway. Yes, I look to them for inspiration and of course love cozying up in a new black furry vest or chunky maroon sweater, but what really gets me is that there's this unseen encouragement of dark colors.

Why always dark? Just because it's fall, doesn't mean one has to put away those pink sweaters and replace them with black! Of course I love me some black, don't get me wrong, I've just always had a softer spot for color. Color. Color. Color. I can never get enough. I think Kate Spade sums things up pretty well..

"...a pop of color has the power to punctuate an otherwise ordinary setting and can make for a far grander gesture than an overstated splash. think of a yellow umbrella on a gray day, a red dress in a sea of dark suits or glossy green heels peeking out from beneath a pair of navy trousers..it's these little brights spots that bring a cheerful optimism to the items they accompany, and while they may seem serendipitous, they're often the result of great attention to detail. when seeking the perfect pop, what is taken away is just as important as what is left behind.."
- from Kate Spade NY "THINGS we LOVE"




It's about standing out, not being afraid to don color in a season so seemingly gray. And especially here, I just can't see the point of putting on black black black when the sun is out and temps are in the seventies. That's just me, I guess! So don't be afraid to put on that pink necklace you had in your "summer" stash. Make someone's dark gray day brighter. Don't be afraid of color! It never goes out of style. 






I like my pigeon toes there, yes? But check out that hair swoosh! 










What I wore: bright  faceted necklace, green wave WET SEAL crop top (used), pleated pinwheel HD *in Paris* skirt (used), and orange MARCO SANTI pumps (Nordstrom Rack).

No comments:

Post a Comment