Sunday, October 26, 2014

A Song for Sunday- July 5th, 2014.

No no no! It's not actually July the 5th of 2014 although sometimes I wish it were. Kidding!

Alas, this is my new favourite tune. Emma put this little guy on one of my gifted mixed CD's and I have been listening to it nonstop in my car and singing along to its quirky vibe.

Sung by Tom Rosenthal, another fantastic artist, it's a little ditty he wrote about a couple he predicted would get married on.. July 5th, 2014!

It is the catchiest song. It's got a cheery hook with a quirky sound and his lyrics are absolutely hilarious. They're so unique and personal, unlike any song I've heard. He takes liberties! I simply adore listening to it and finding all of the little tidbits that make the song so special.

For instance:

"... The wedding was held in a two-horse town
But one horse was remarkably down
You did your best to reverse that frown
But it did not work because you're not the horse whisperer.."
or
"The lady priest who gave you away
She turned out to be a little bit gay
And she took shining to Granny Jane, who was a little bit scared."

It is just the most unique song. I simply adore it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment