Sunday, December 7, 2014

A Song for Sunday- I'll Be Home For Christmas.

So it was during my jaunt down in the Orange Circle with my various aunts, uncles, and cousins for the Christmas tree lighting, that I got sudden homesickness. Looking around at all the families, with Dad's twirling little girls, and families holding hands, I wanted nothing more than to be home with my family in Alaska.

Now also contributing to this problem is the fact that its winter here, yet its Southern California's version. So palm trees, seventy degrees, and not a lick of snow. I still can't process these thoughts, and so I'm anxious now more than ever to get home to some real snow and to my family.

Sigh. The college life. But at least I get to see them, for I have friends staying here for work and I just can't fathom that.

Anyway, I thought it fitting to do a Christmas song, seeing how it is the holidays and all. Plus, this particular song is fitting for my current situation.

Now there are many versions. Many. But I find Michael Buble's to be incredible. If I could marry his voice, I would. In a heartbeat. So masculine, so rich and smooth, so old-fashioned, so bloody sexy. Back to the spirit of Christmas! So here's Michael Buble's version, everyone.

"... I'll be home for Christmas
You can plan on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents by the tree

Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas 
If only in my dreams
If only in my dreams..."


I certainly got more into the spirit once we took a walk through the neighborhoods though!








No comments:

Post a Comment