Tuesday, October 13, 2015

In the City, At Last.

Well now after a two week hiatus, I've managed to pull myself together and have a chat!

My, it's been awhile. How have you been?

It's been a crazy pants couple of weeks for me, let me tell you. Last time we had a chat, I left Alaska, heading down south to where the wild things roam. I spent a week with my grandma in the beautiful Sierra Nevadas (one last nature soak), and I'm freshly moved into the city.

Well now that's been a change! It was actually quite an adventure, the whole process, getting to where I am. We experienced wildfires on the drive down, impossible traffic (Obama arrived into town the same day I did, how dare he!), and an atrocious amount of stuff to move into my (teeny tiny) room; however, I'm (nearly) settled in.

I live on the corner of Jackson Street and Columbus, one block away from the Trans-America building. I have a darling room (stuffed to the brim with clothing, of course), I'm living behind the yellow door covered in ivy, and it's all rather delightful!



I live in a fairly central location here in the downtown San Fran area, in the Financial District, right next to Chinatown, and less than a mile from Union Square.

School started just this past Monday, and it's been a whirlwind! At first, I felt like the new kid, but I quickly made friends and I know it's going to be a fantastic year with a lot of fun opportunities. Plus, my walk to school entails a trip down Maiden Lane, which is full of the inspiring high end designers such as Christian Louboutin, YSL, and many many more. And Union Square surrounds us, with shops like Chanel, Burberry, Barney's, and Tiffany & Co., just to name a few! Inspiration is everywhere.



FIDM SF also is located on four seperate floors, so we take elevators to get to class. And the view outside? Wicked!







It's still a work in progress, and of course I'm still adjusting, but it feels really nice to catch up! Until next time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment