Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Song for Sunday- Somebody to You.

I thought it was over.

I did. How I ever thought so is beyond me.

I mean, seriously, I'm eighteen years old and a young adult. How could I still get excited over the discovery of new boy bands? Aren't I supposed to be over that?

Apparently not.

It was all thanks to the lovely Conor Maynard. I was just settling down for my mid afternoon nap the other day, scrolling through my Instagram (as habit before falling asleep) and I stumbled upon a photo of his-



 "I'm #FeelingNuts to raise awarenessfor Testicular Caner. I nominate @wearethevamps to top this fabulous ball grab!! #ballstocaner @check_onetwo"

Naturally curious as to who these "vamps" were, I checked em out. And then, after seeing that they were an "acoustic driven indie pop band from England", I simply had to go and give their songs a hear.

YouTube I went and the first one I watched was Somebody To You.

And that's where I bring you full circle to today. And this all happened not three days ago. What a whirlwind of a week, let me tell you. 

GAH my poor teenage heart hasn't quite the grips of an adult yet, especially when it comes to British boy bands. First we have One Direction. Then 5SOS. Now The Vamps? My oh my.

Anyhow, I enjoyed their stuff. Specifically, this song. It's quite nice. It's cheery, catchy, and altogether fun. Granted, four adorable British boys are singing it (which helps quite a bit), but I actually think the song is fantastic. It's my new car jam (next to She Looks So Perfect and still What Makes You Beautiful) and I quite enjoy Demi Lovato's part in it as well. 

The lads are just so cute. Good music and good looks. Man.

"Yeah you!
Yeah you!
I
I used to wanna be
Living like there's only me
But now I spend my time
Thinking 'bout a way to get you off my mind
(yeah you!)
I used to be so tough
Never really gave enough
And then you caught my eye
Giving me the feeling of a lightning strike
(Yeah you!)

Look at me now, I'm falling
I can't even talk, still stuttering
This ground of mine keeps shaking
Oh oh oh, now!

All I wanna be, yeah all I ever wanna be, yeah, yeah
Is somebody to you..."

I'm giving you the link. The power is in your hands now. I encourage you to check them out!



No comments:

Post a Comment