Thursday, August 21, 2014

Throwback Thursday- Flintstones, Meet the Flintstones.

It's like stepping back into my childhood every time I attend the Flintstones Theme Park in the small town of Custer.

Do you ever have those special places that just take you back? Where you see your ten year old self running around playing imaginary games, with no thought as to who's watching or what they're thinking?

Man, those were the days. The days of unfiltered bliss, of endless playing, and imagination and creativity running free in the wind.

Of course, there's no reason why one should put those special gifts up on the shelf, forgotten and lost. That's why I'm back to this place! To be a child again, to throw coins in the fountain and explore Bedrock City.

I've been coming here for as long as I can remember, ever since being a wee little one. It's been a staple in our summer trips in South Dakota and being eighteen is certainly not stopping me from coming to one of my favorite digs.

First, one begins on the train, exploring around the park and ending with a hunt for dinosaurs in Dinosaur Canyon. Then, one explores the town of Bedrock City- Fred's home, their super fun cars (powered by feet), the post office, the hairdresser, the bank, the fire department, the list goes on. Then one ends in the massively entertaining park, looking smaller every year as I grow bigger.

It simply gets better every year, and I especially love seeing the confused looks of little kids at our adult appearance. Hey, I was a kid too once, and still consider myself one!

Anyhow, growing up with the Flintstones was great- it's a classic that I still continue to enjoy today.

"We'll have a gay old time.."





























Grandma sure enjoyed the trip as well, if you couldn't tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment