Sunday, August 24, 2014

A Song for Sunday- All About That Base.

It's about time a song like this came out.

A song about loving your body no matter what size and shape you are, about embracing those curves and that booootay.

I could go on and on about this subject, about healthy body image and self-love and confidence; it's a really precious subject to me that I'm taking into my future, but for today, it's all about the song, so I'll start with that!

I first heard this rocking song in South Dakota and I was taken with the beat and the girly energy. It got even better when I sat down and actually watched the music video.

Holy Moley.

IN LOVE.

Sung by curvy blonde Meghan Trainor, the music video was set in a retro 1960's pastel scene, very feminine and girly. She was dancing round there and I just fell in love with the whole message of the song, along with the visuals and the audio.

This girl has got a voice. First single too, and she's rocking every inch of it. It makes me get up and dance and feel way way confident and beautiful in the skin I'm in.

And it's true. Here are a collection of quotes I have found to be similar and inspiring to this subject:












Yeah, a couple may have meant more like... ten. 

But you get the main gist, yes?

And I'm not here to tell you that skinny isn't bad. It's being confident in your own skin, no matter what size you were born with, that I'm trying to share. Living a healthy and happy lifestyle is what's important. Some girls were blessed to be naturally slim, others were blessed with curves. It doesn't matter. What matters is that you love who you are in the healthy and beautiful body you were given.


"If you got beauty, beauty, just raise 'em up
'Cause every inch of you is perfect 
From the bottom to the top.."















No comments:

Post a Comment