Monday, August 15, 2016

My Favorite Blister. I Mean Sister.

Packed bags are always a sign that a change is a coming. And I saw them for the first time this summer, parked outside of my sister's room. Summer flew by, as expected, but it nonetheless surprised me to see them there, all ready to leave. She's off to school, and I know that it's only a matter of time before I follow suit behind her. 

So this post is about my sister, for she is my best friend and I know there will be a quiet gap here while she's away. And although we only had a few months together this summer, a lot of memories were made. And drinks were drunk, and tears were shed over intense laughing. 

See, those memories are some of the fondest. Often, the best of them don't make it to social media because they can't be tied to a picture. The most memorable moments come out of nowhere and they're the most valuable because they are so genuine and real.

For instance, while we were watching New Girl the other night, we were playing away with the Snapchat filters (particularly the sad faced one) and we were taking videos and pics and we were laughing so hard that tears were rolling down our cheeks. Or when we made a pretty sexy dance to Zayn's Pillowtalk and then treated ourselves to a slice of cake afterward. Or when we share each others clothes and joke "Oh Billy!" whenever an innuendo is passed between us.

It's the little things. And I look fondly back on this summer with her and am grateful for the time I did have with her. I know she's off having fun with her boyfriend (yes, my younger sister has a boyfriend before me!) and will do great in school this semester, but hopefully she remembers these memories and smiles back on them like I do.

I love my blister. I mean sister..



I still laugh out loud when I look back on this photo..


No comments:

Post a Comment