Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Song for Sunday- Youth.

It once again came from Emma. I swear, she has a gift in music.

As the first notes of Daughter's Youth comes on, I get taken back to my childhood for some reason. I mean, coincidentally the song has to do with youth, but I kid you not, it's like I'm living in my old house and.. you get what I'm saying here? Sometimes I have no words for what I feel but pure reminiscent memories of things past.

This song is really pure and gentle. The singer has a light voice and I just feel with this song. And the lyrics! Don't even get me started.

"And if you're in love, then you are the lucky one
'Cause most of us are bitter over someone
Setting fire to our insides for fun
To distract our hearts from ever missing them."

And these particular songs that make me feel? They make me want to dance most of all. This is definitely the type for one to let go and absorb the words and transform them into movements. 

This song is about living life for me. Why would you purposely hurt yourself and torture yourself when we were given this incredible gift of life? I find it incredibly inspirational and beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment