Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Song for Sunday-The News.

There's just something calming about a good ole Jack Johnson song. I never really got into that phase, but I did come across this light song on my "Acoustic Bedtime" playlist that I most enjoyed.

It's a really true song, on the slightly sad side. It's specific towards the tragedy that are news stations and the delivery of bad news, but it also goes beyond into making me think about how so much devastation and death goes on in our world and yet we don't bat an eye. I think it's part of society and the change into immunity towards things that are grisly and unnatural. Young children playing video games with unnatural murders and access to all things on the internet. Makes me think.

But I really do like this song- Jack Johnson's soothing voice and honest lyrics, and soft acoustics really tie it well together.

"Why don't the newscasters cry when they read about people who die?
At least they could be decent enough to put just a tear in their eyes
Mama said
It's just make believe
You can't believe everything you see
So baby close your eyes to the lullabies
On the news tonight.."


No comments:

Post a Comment