Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Song for Sunday- Thinking Out Loud.

And I saved the best for last.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to share my most treasured artist with you, and the release of his new album "X".. Ed Sheeran.

It seems weird that just under two years ago, my friend Emma told me about him, unknown and still an upcoming artist not quite yet popular here in the USA. Boy, look at where he is now!

Ed Sheeran is just.. a truly beautiful individual. Now obviously I don't know him so I don't know how he is up close and personal, but based on his music, personality, and not giving a darn about fitting into the status quo, I am so inspired by him. It gives me joy to see him so successful, and while I'm a bit saddened at seeing him all over in magazines and on iTunes, I'm more pleased to see his music being shared in the world. I think that's more important than calling him "my own aritst." It's letting go and seeing other people inspired by his art and that's worth it.

His new album is perfection, in my book. With just one listen through, I was hooked. Once more, he blows me out of the water with his talent. I cannot even describe how I'm just baffled at the profound awesomeness that is his new album. All of the songs are wonderful and excellently sung and written and so it was hard for me to just pick one! It's such an intimate and personal album, raw and powerful. He has a way of executing feelings so well into song, I just am at a loss for words when it comes to describing my immense respect towards him.

The one I chose to share with you, Thinking Out Loud, is one of my favorites on the album, next to Take it Back, Tenerife Sea, Afire Love.. practically the entire album. I don't think there's an Ed song that I don't like! Anyhow, this song is kind of a bluesy one, getting a bit of jazz on in the chorus. And when he goes into that high chest voice, you can not only hear his passion, but feel it. I don't know how he can be so observing of women, having a way with linking words together but he is a musical genius and I'm so incredibly glad to see the world appreciating him as much as I do.

The album "X" was definitely worth waiting for.

"When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks.."

"So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are.."



No comments:

Post a Comment