Thursday, June 26, 2014

Dripping in Jewels.

There were a lot of musical inspirations for today's ensemble..

"Looking so pretty in pink.." (Jason Derulo's Wiggle)

"Diamonds are a girl's best friend.." (Marilyn Monroe's Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend)

" And we made love to the moonlight.." (Coco O.'s Where the Wind Blows)

Just to name a few!

My sister found this fabulous Gatsby styled headband at the consignment shop for me with rhinestones and jewels galore. I even went so far as to add a vintage rhinestone pin in the middle, making it really roaring from the twenties!

What ever happened to class? To gloves and matching handbags, to being sexy yet leaving some up to the imagination? What happened to high heels and shiny jewelry, to movies with few cussing and respect towards oneself? It's rare to see Hepburns in a Hilton world (by the way, there's a fabulous book you should read called "How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World by Jordan Christy) anymore and it makes me sad. But that doesn't mean there can't be!

Today, I dressed on the fancy side for work. Red lips, flapper headband, and a snugly dress. And to what occasion, people asked? Do we really need an occasion to put on a dress and some jewels? I say it should be any and every day you want it to be!

So here's to class.. to having stars in your eyes, glitter in your veins, sparkle in your DNA, and one helluva dress.

When I say "dripping in jewels", it's a double meaning. For whilst I dripped in jewels, the sky dripped it's jewels all over me.. rain. 






















What I wore: rhinestone beaded Stacey Lapidus headband (used), vintage rhinestone pin (used), hot pink Alaskan made vintage chiffon dress (used), collection of vintage rhinestone bracelets (used), and vintage styled tan MIZ MOOZ pumps (used)

*note- I didn't wear this particular dress to work, oh no! Imagine if coffee were spilled.. shock!

No comments:

Post a Comment