Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Song for Sunday-Stay with Me.

This tune is mint.

It's also part of the Top 40 and while I'm against the typical top 40, I have to hand it to you, this song deserves it. I'm at least glad that great music is becoming popular and not your stereotypical.. crab.

Anyhow, Sam Smith's new song Stay with Me is a tragic love song that tears at my heart, but softly. The lyrics are simple yet profound, and then you come to the chorus and it's like this explosion of soulful choir-like beauty. So emotional. And his voice is like angels.

I'm in love. Plus, the song isn't long, it has that perfect length that leaves you just satisfied.

And he's twenty-two. Talk about talent.

"Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand
But I still need love cause I'm just a man
These nights never seem to go to plan
I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?

Oh, won't you stay with me?
Cause you're all I need
This ain't love it's clear to me
But darling, stay with me.."





No comments:

Post a Comment