Sunday, March 1, 2015

Disney Delights.

Ok, so I have this fabulous friend. Her name is Francesca and she is a hoot. She also happens to work at Disneyland and it was just by chance that we came upon a spontaneous afternoon trip last Wednesday!

Whitney and I were talking about one of our fave YouTubers currently being there (the lovely Will Darbyshire) and Fran was like "let's go!"

And so we went. 

There's nothing like spontaneous trips like that. We were prolly there under three hours and yet we rode more rides than we prolly would've on any weekend day! And I love Disneyland, I really do. I'm a fan of theme parks in general, screaming as loud as I can on the rides, clapping ecstatically before we enter the twists and turns of Thunder Mountain, hair blowing in the wind, water pooling at my eyes, the feeling of youth flowing through my veins.. and let's not forget the company of some of my dearest friends! 

So that was Wednesday. We also went just yesterday, although we were unfortunately blocked out of Disneyland, due to cast member blocking that day. But good thing we have California Adventure to wander in! We made use of our time- waiting in line playing games, cherishing the few minutes we have on each ride, consuming whopping amounts of theme park food (my favorite being the iced caramel freeze at Ghirardelli), and being young and free. 

It truly turned out to be some fine days at Disney. 


The faces of terror at the Hollywood Tower Hotel!


Saturday.. what a day!

These girls are big on their selfies~



'Ere we go..







Comfort outfit of choice: salmon PINK tee (used), used Forest Service striped top (used), mint BURBERRY jacket (used), misc. leggings, and salmon NIKE trainers with cheetah print (Nordstrom Rack mega sale). 


By far the scariest ride.. the caterpillar train. 





On to the swings in food boxes. We're in Bug's Life Land, just so you're not completely confused. 



Typical me... on a solo ride having a laugh with my imaginary boyfriend. #singleprobs



The girls were most unhappy when the short ride came to a halt.


Bumper cars! Bring it, Whit.


The swings- ultimately one of my favourite rides ever. 




After pics of them, they got some pics of me. Cheese!







Found two proper looking Disney characters on my waltz to the pier..








We called it a night and went to find ourselves a room at...


For dinner, we somehow got reservations at the uber fancy Carthay Circle restaurant. All of us managed to find something delicious for dinner and we proceeded to have a most lovely ending meal.

To begin, rose petal soda..


Cheers to friendship!



I myself sprung for two starters so I could taste two different meals. I began with a seasonal soup that had.. some delicious treats.


I then had some ginger thai steamed pot stickers. The bomb! 
If there's one thing I enjoy making for dinner, it's reservations, especially at a fine dining restaurant. 


Well, after our tummies had been stuffed most satisfyingly, we ducked out of the rain at the nearest hotel for a place to rest our heads for the night...


Just kidding! But I sure wish we could've stayed here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment