Sunday, November 10, 2013

A Song for Sunday- Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend/Material Girls.


Today was quite a glamorous one for me. I had set aside this day for finishing up my FIDM project and so today was the day for photographing the various outfits for my "typical customer."

My mom and I had quite a ball parading around CCCB taking photos and posing here and there. I'll even share some of the photos with you!

The reason for choosing this mash-up (besides the awesomeness that it is thanks to Moulin Rouge and Glee) is because I felt very glamorous and very Monroe today. Of course Marilyn pulls it off simply perfectly in "Gentleman Prefer Blondes" with her contrasting hot pink next to the glamour of the diamond sparkle, but I got to feel just a little of that "ah" moment one feels.

Every time I listen to this song, I just want to parade around in my room and sing in that breathy tone whilst looking at plush displays of diamonds draping off every surface. It's a lovely feeling to escape into that glamour and richness.

And truly, diamonds are a girl's best friend. ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment