Thursday, November 7, 2013

Throwback Thursday- Fabulous.

As college applications continue to consume my every waking thought and all these distractions keep me from taking time for myself, I thought I would give myself a little boost of inspiration to get me through this difficult time. I sound like I just lost someone. Okay, it's really not that bad but there is a significant focus on college and homework this month especially and then it's all over from there. But until then, let me just push through.

I found out from my dad today that I am a "verbose" writer when we were going through my mulitple essays. I suppose that comes from my heavy journaling and blogging and the endless stream of words that come straight from the thoughts in my head. I learn little things about myself every day!

On that note, I'm going to continue to write here in my verbose manner because it's like my own online journal here and I would rather not edit it and such like some paper. I do enough of that with college essays as it is and I need to cherish these little things that are purely for fun and enjoymet, no stress or pressure.

So let's take it back to a couple of years ago... let's say March. This was whilst I was still dancing in my junior company. We were at this competition and seeing how this was my first year in company, there was all this pressure and nerves swirling about me. That soon dissapeared when I was one of the six remaining dancers (I was the ONLY junior in a sea of seniors) in a little audition dance ad the seriously only thing that kept me in that mix was my face. I had no idea what I was doing but I had the excited face that showed that I was having fun. So it's not all about technique and rules here- just pure enthusiasm and joy and actual performance will take one far.

On that high, I then competed in a singing number where I sang a written song by my voice coach specifically for me. It was titled "Fabulous" and may I just say that I rocked that baby to the back of the auditorium. The lyrics dealt with Jimmy Choo, Chanel, Tiffany, Marilyn... you name it!

I suppose that the moral of all of this fond remembering is that I am fabulous and that I can to anything. Having confidence in myself will take me far and I just need to remember that my simple joy and uniqueness makes me different from everyone else. So put a "fabulous" smile on, and let's tackle these next few weeks together.







Oh it was the greatest time. Sharing my "fabulousness" with the crowd in every lime green surface of my body. 




No comments:

Post a Comment