Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Song for Sunday- Royals.

Well I would say that it's about time that I shared this song!

Ok, if one can guess, it was my friend who I'm always talking about that introduced me to this song way back in... I want to say.. May. Oh yeah, she is so ahead of her game. Anyhow, just one time through and it was added to my favorites.

"Royals", by Lorde,  unbeknownst to me, is sung by this young sixteen year old girl from New Zealand, much to my surprise. I would never have guessed because the voice of this song is mature and very arty. It's unique. I love the music behind it (mostly because I can beat box along to all of the genius instrumentals) and her voice fits perfectly to the vibe of the song. The lyrics also are so poppy and crisp. It's quite detailed and richly adult. LOVE IT.

I know it's now like the top song in the UK and the USA and probably in a lot of other countires, so I agree that it deserves recognition. It truly is an awesome song. I love to play it when I'm driving around in my Caddy (my parents, not mine, actually) because it fuels me and I feel so.. like.. a pimp. I know. But hey, I have a playlist of Cadillac songs and whenever I even think of a Cadillac, I automatically think of a pimp. Call it the media's influence, that's just what I think about.

Anyhow, it's a great song to dance and sing along to it and I highly suggest her entire album "Pure Heroine" as well. I like "400 Lux" and "Tennis Court" too. Plus, it has a great message to it which is always a bonus for me! Take a look..

"And we'll never be royals (royals)
It don't run in our blood,
That kind of luxe just ain't for us.
We crave a different kind of buzz.
Let me be your ruler (ruler),
You can call me Queen Bee
And baby I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule.
Let me live that fantasy."

Ok, the message I get out of it is like a daydream sort of thing. Imagine being a royal sort of deal. I like it!





No comments:

Post a Comment