Thursday, November 14, 2013

Throwback Thursday- Missing my Fellow Friends.

Passenger's "Let Her Go" is a constant on my iPod. Being home this year and thousands of miles away from the life I built down in Arizona is tough, yet when I was down there, I was struggling with missing home. That's why the entirety of the chorus is a mirror to what I'm going through. 

"Well you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you’re missin' home
Only know you love her when you let her go
And you let her go.."


It's a lovely song, really, one that I truly cherish and appreciate. In fact, it's one of those songs that I like to cry/sing along to. Truly, it hits all these sensitive points of me and is one of those works of art that seems to have been made for me.

It makes all the sense in the world to miss something when you have it so good and then when the process is reversed, it's the same type of mindset. I guess it's just human nature. 

That being said, I do keep in contact will all of these lovely souls who have changed my life in so many positive ways. Of course I would never change one thing about my time down there no matter how much I complain about missing it. I'm thankful for at least being given the opportunity of a lifetime. 

And instead of looking back at these memories with a sad heart that it is no more, I will smile and remember the memories that I shared with these incredibly unique individuals. And fear not, I will see them again! And it's journeys and adventures like these that make me cherish what I had and will forever hold dear in my heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment