Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Song for Sunday- Halo.

In lieu of my recent vacation down to Phoenix, I was also thrust into the film culture and saw a couple of movies, recommended by my dearest Emma. A couple of these posts today are songs that touched me in the films that I watched down there.

I never really paid attention to film scores until watching Pitch Perfect. After Jesse goes on and on about the phenomenal Breakfast Club score did I ever really start noticing what goes on in the background. Music truly makes films that much better. The music often goes unnoticed, but if you take it out, the scenes lose their magic power. Music moves. It inspires. It creates emotion and builds suspense. Music makes movies what they are, truly.

So one of the movies we saw (and cried) together was the new release of If I Stay. I myself was thoroughly moved, and especially loved the soundtrack. When Ben Howard's Promise came on, I about lost it, but more noticeable was this particular rendition of Beyonce's Halo, sung by Ane Brun and Linnea Olsson.

It was the scene in which Mia and Adam are kissing, quite a beautiful scene, really, and made all the better by this mellow version. This tender, trembling, and heartfelt version just comes at you and takes over. It's beautiful. The song has a whole new vibe and it makes me want to go out and kiss a man like the way they did in the film!

"..Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby, i can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby, I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away.."




No comments:

Post a Comment