Sunday, September 28, 2014

A Song for Sunday- Nothing Stays the Same.

Typical that it would be at Kaladis that I first heard this song. I think that I was actually helping a customer and rushed over to my phone to screenshot the song when they finished paying.

Oh the lengths we go to preserve music.

Anyhow, the song caught my attention because it was very closely related to what I'm going through. Sung by Luke Sital-Singh, it connects very much to transitions and the fact that nothing stays the same.

I think that that's what really gets to me about these big life changes. Not the whole "last time I'll see you" or "last time I'll eat here", cause chances are, I'll see those people and eat at those places again. It's the fact that people change, places change, and nothing stays the same. It can be a sad, scary, terrifying thought, but it also has the potential to be so much more. Change is inevitable in how we live our lives, and it's our attitude and outlook on these situations that make the changes worthwhile.

"Cry your eyes out
Fill your lungs up
We all hurt
We all lie
And nothing stays the same.."

And the song isn't really depressing either, which I like for once. It's got some power behind it. 

So yes, it really is okay to cry your eyes out and hurt ( I know I will here pretty soon), because nothing does stay the same. But in the end, that's life, and it's up to you to make those changes a positive thing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment