Thursday, May 29, 2014

Throwback Thursday- My Pub Crawl.

One of my all time favorite memories from my trip to London would be the one night we went out to a pub.

Now here in the USA, we don't have "pubs" per say, and we're also not allowed to drink under the age of twenty-one. Now while I could go on and on about how unfair that rule is in the sense that we can fight for this country but can't have a beer (not to mention the abnormally high statistics with drunk driving and alcohol abuse), this isn't what this blog is about. It's about sharing things in a positive light! Therefore, back to the pub we go.

It was called the "War Grave Arms" and I whilst I went with an older audience, I had the time of my life.

I'm not much of a drinker, obviously. When I take shots, it's of espresso. When I have a wild Friday night, it's usually me and my cat watching Sherlock together with my moosie slippers perched on my feet. I know! I'm a wild child. But tonight was different. As they say, when in England, do as the English do! And that, mate, would be to drink up me hearty yo ho.

I started out with the classic pint of GUINESS. It was fresh. Granted, it took me about three hours to consume it, but it did go down! I then moved onto half a pint of cider. Tasty. And then, my favorite.. the whiskey.

I don't mean to say that it was my favorite drink, most certainly not. As my friend put it "it's minging." Quite right he was. What I mean is, by this time, all of us were a little giddy and a bit bubbly (pun intended), and we tried these two trays of about eight different types of whiskeys. There was much laughter, many a face from me at the taste, and then one of the guys would describe, in his perfectly articulate English accent, each of the whiskeys so well.

Yeah, the atmosphere was of an older crowd, and my company was of adults, but I had the time of my life and it was one of the fondest memories of my time there!

Cheers mate!







No comments:

Post a Comment