Thursday, May 22, 2014

To Sir With Love.

The time has come..

For closing books and long last looks must end..

Well technically, in my home school case, it would be closing my browsers since it was all online, but you get the picture!

Today, I graduated high school.

I never anticipated ever getting to this final stage because it had always seemed so foreign and far away to me, and then the fact that I felt graduated from high school way back freshman year. But it came, and here I stand, a graduated senior, ready for the next stage in my life.

It's a frightening prospect to feel done and ready to step into the world like a newborn calf, but I'm ready for it, I've always been ready for it. And the possibilities! Man, I can start a new chapter now, all by myself in the big wide world. That's what I'm really anticipating. And you know, it's a bittersweet time for me, finally closing the book on this time of life, but I'm ready to open another.

And so I'll close with one of my favorite mantras...

She knew this transition was not about becoming someone better, but about finally allowing herself to become who she'd always been...

The graduation ceremony.. and yes, that is a 1960's Barbie from my friend Joni with a British scarf. What can I say? Barbie was a huge inspiration for me as a child (and now). Plus, I love all things British, as you should know.

















No comments:

Post a Comment